Chartered Financial Analyst Society of Nevada
“To lead the investment profession globally by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.”
We aspire to a CFA Institute that:
- Serves all finance professionals seeking education, knowledge, professional development, connection, or inspiration.
- Leads the investment profession’s thinking in the areas of ethics, capital market integrity, and excellence of practice.
This is how we believe financial markets and services should operate:
- Investment professionals contribute to the ultimate benefit of society through the sustainable value generated by efficient financial markets and by effective investment institutions.
- Good stewardship and high ethical standards are necessary for trust and confidence to be secured and for society to be served.
- Financial markets should afford every investor the opportunity to earn a fair return.
- Financial markets are more effective when participants are knowledgeable.
- High ethical principles and professional standards are essential to positive outcomes; rules and regulations, while necessary, are not sufficient by themselves.
Our strategy builds on the following beliefs:
- Investment services will thrive only if principals and assets owners have trust in the system and obtain fair and sustainable results from the services and actions of agents.
- Significant systemic risks arise from the complexity and inter‐connectedness of markets and instruments, to which effective industry structure and excellent practice are critical.
- Economic and political power is broadening out across a wider range of countries and regions, requiring significant strategic re-balancing.
- Imbalances in the macroeconomic and geopolitical environment present significant opportunities, challenges, and risks.
- Transformational changes in demography, the environment, and the limits to natural resources present significant challenges and opportunities.
CFA Institute will emphasize strategic initiatives with respect to:
Extend our promotion of ethical and trustworthy investment markets and services, and education for investment professionals and other market participants.
Provide the voice globally for an effective investment industry that reflects our values.
Broaden and re-balance our global reach with those working in or using the financial markets.
“CFA Institute is a global, nonprofit member organization of financial analysts, portfolio managers, and other investment professionals.”